Monday, December 14, 2009

Is Tomorrow in store for you?

Tradegy has struck our town this past week. Three young girls killed in an accident as they were walking home. They were 15, 14, and 12. When I heard the ages it made me think about how our lives are truly just the twinkle of an eye. Then I turned my thoughts to my own boys and thought are they ready to meet their Savior? As I tried to turn this tradegy into a teaching moment for them and stress to them the importance of having their life right with God, I started thinking how many times we have thought we have tomorrow. I know when I was a teenager I thought tomorrow would always come and I didn't have any thing to worry about because after all I was young. Even as an adult I am always planning the next days events in my life just assuming that God is going to give me another day. But, then I realize I am not guaranteed another day. None of us are no matter what our age. Psalms139 talks about God knowing us. He really knows us!! He knew when we were conceived, he knows when we lay down and when we rise and verse 16b says "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Our days are numbered from the time we were made. Now, I don't mean that in a mean way--I am saying God already knows when are days will be done and we all must be ready to meet God. When that day comes will we be ready?? Ready to embrace the one who died on a cross for our sins. Have you asked for forgiveness of your sins from the only one who can cover your sins? Is Christ your Savior?? If not search your heart and pray to the only one who can save your soul. Jesus Christ!! Ask him to cleanse your sins and to bring you into a fellowship with him and the father. Since there is not guarantee for tomorrow please don't put this off. Remember the ages of these girls and I am sure they thought tomorrow would be there for them......

No comments: